Sunrise Ranch provides detoxification services for adults struggling with stimulant addiction near Riverside, CA. Sunrise has nearly 20 years of experience offering safe & comfortable detox with a staff of trained professionals.
Importance of Stimulant Detox
The importance of detox for stimulant addiction
The class of drugs known as stimulants runs the gamut from illicit substances like crystal meth, crack, and cocaine, to legal drugs such as Ephedrine, Ritalin, Desoxyn, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Concerta. Whether an illegal drug, or one prescribed by a physician, all of these substances can have a similarly damaging effect on the brain and central nervous system.
Initially, a doctor may prescribe a legal stimulant to boost his or her patient’s focus and mental functioning. But because these drugs can be highly addictive, many individuals find themselves using these drugs outside of their intended purpose. In time, men and women who abuse stimulants will develop a tolerance for the substance, meaning that larger doses and more frequent use will be required to produce the desired result. When this happens, and a chemical dependence takes hold, individuals may find themselves struggling against the negative effects of a substance use disorder that will require professional help from a stimulant addiction treatment center to overcome.
It takes bravery to ask for help, but individuals struggling with the detrimental effects of a stimulant use disorder need not venture into treatment alone. One of the first steps to achieving sobriety is to address the presence of harmful substances in one’s body. Without cleansing one’s system of substances of abuse, one cannot expect to progress successfully into next phases of treatment. A supervised detox program, such as the one provided at Sunrise Ranch in Riverside, California, can help men and women, who are stimulant-dependent, achieve sobriety safely, and set a foundation of strength in recovery.
Benefits of Stimulant Detox
Benefits of detoxing from stimulants at Sunrise Ranch in Riverside, CA
The negative physiological symptoms that take hold when a person abruptly halts his or her habitual stimulant use is known as withdrawal. Attempting to endure a withdrawal without assistance or supervision from detox program for stimulant abuse can have dangerous consequences, and often results in a return to stimulant use in an attempt to quell the discomfort of the experience. Repeating this process of failed withdrawal attempts outside the care of a professional stimulant addiction treatment center can serve to further entrench an individual in his or her stimulant abuse, making it ultimately more difficult to quit his or her stimulant use once and for all.
While everyone may experience withdrawal differently, there are some typical symptoms that occur during this process, and a few of them are listed in the following:
- Increased appetite
- Bodily aches and pains
- Memory problems
- Impaired cognition
For those without a personal experience with addiction, it may be difficult to understand why a person would be tempted to use his or her drug of choice during the withdrawal period. But the above symptoms can be so painful that even a person who truly wants to end the cycle of addiction may not feel strong enough to endure these symptoms for long. Fortunately there is a better way, and help in the form of a supervised detox program, provided at a quality addiction treatment center for stimulants, allows individuals to clear their bodies of harmful substances in a supportive, safe, and comfortable setting.
Of course, there are many immediate advantages to engaging in detox and clearing one’s mind and body of stimulants. However, the long-term benefits of detox received at a stimulant addiction treatment center are what may be most beneficial in helping individuals to win the battle with stimulant addiction once and for all. Some of these long-term benefits are briefly described in the following:
- Prepare to succeed. By eliminating harmful substances from one’s system by participating in detox, he or she is then well-prepared to enter the next step in his or her plan of care. Without achieving sobriety, individuals will not be able to fully benefit from other interventions available to them.
- Life-long recovery is a process that takes considerable fortitude. By achieving sobriety in a supervised detox program, individuals can recover the bodily strength and clarity of mind they need overcome the challenges they will face in treatment and beyond.
- Continuity of care. By attending a supervised detox program at a treatment center, individuals can seamlessly transition to the next phase of treatment.
The detox program at Sunrise Ranch located in Riverside, California is merely one component of our comprehensive treatment program for stimulant addiction. If you or a loved one would like to learn more about the support we offer to help you overcome a chemical dependence, we hope that you will contact us at your earliest convenience. Help is just a phone call away.
Why Consider Treatment
Why consider detox for stimulant addiction at Sunrise in Riverside, CA
A state-of-the-art supervised detox program is an ideal step in the recovery process for men and women who have been unable to stop abusing stimulants on their own. While under the care of detox program staff, patients will have access to many supports and benefits including the following:
- No risk of relapse. Because detox occurs in a substance-free environment, the risk of relapse is virtually eliminated.
- Staff monitoring 24/7. Patients are monitored around-the-clock by experienced, compassionate medical and mental health professionals that are well-versed in the needs of those who are detoxing from substances of abuse.
- Medical intervention. When appropriate, some patients are given medications to help alleviate the negative withdrawal symptoms they may be experiencing during detox from stimulants. These medications are heavily monitored, and are only dispensed by qualified medical professionals.