Sunrise Recovery Ranch offers trusted synthetic marijuana abuse treatment in Riverside, CA. To better serve the individual needs of our clients, Sunrise provides gender-specific rehabilitation to aid in the successful recovery of each individual.
Learn more about synthetic marijuana abuse treatment at Sunrise Recovery Ranch in Riverside, CA
While developing a substance abuse problem of any kind can cause monumental disturbances to arise in an individual’s life, developing a substance abuse problem that involves synthetic marijuana can lead to rapid devastation as well. Historically, synthetic marijuana, also known as K2 and spice, was marketed as being a safe alternative to traditional marijuana. However, it was quickly realized that there is nothing safe about this substance. Composed of a number of synthetic chemicals that vary from batch to batch, the chemical composition of synthetic marijuana has made headlines due to the tragedies that it has caused. In addition to eliciting the immediate onset of psychosis and causing countless overdoses, the use of synthetic marijuana has also resulted in death following a single use of the toxic substance. For these reasons and more, when a synthetic marijuana abuse problem exists, it is imperative that individuals get professional help from a synthetic marijuana addiction treatment center soon as possible.
At Sunrise Recovery Ranch in Riverside, California, we recognize the immense battle that attempting to overcome the compulsion to abuse synthetic marijuana may pose for our clients. For this reason, we have devised specialized rehabilitation and programming that is tailored to help individuals overcome their substance abuse problem, while also learning the tools necessary to successfully manage future cravings and prevent relapse. At Sunrise Recovery Ranch, a new beginning can be discovered.
Helping a loved one get treatment for synthetic marijuana abuse
If you have a loved one who has developed a synthetic marijuana abuse problem, you are likely feeling much concern regarding what will happen to him or her if the behavior continues to persist. You know that your loved one needs help, but you may be unsure as to what you, as a concerned friend or family member, can do for him or her. Consider the following:
- Research synthetic marijuana. Learn about the symptoms of abuse, the effects that it can produce, and the signs of overdose. By doing so, you are not only arming yourself with important information that you can present to your loved one, but you are also preparing yourself for how to handle the situation should your loved one experience an overdose.
- While it may be tempting, refrain from throwing away any synthetic marijuana that you may find in your loved one’s possession. Doing so will only serve to anger your loved one and may prevent him or her from discussing your concerns rationally with you in the future.
- Research synthetic marijuana abuse treatment centers that are available for individuals who are struggling with the compulsion to use synthetic marijuana. Narrow your search down to specific treatment centers that provide specialized rehab that you feel may best meet your loved one’s particular needs.
- Sit down with your loved one and present him or her with your concerns. Show your loved one the research you have done, and encourage him or her to seek out rehab at one of the synthetic marijuana addiction treatment centers. Anticipate denial and defensiveness, but remain patient and nonjudgmental.
- Offer to assist your loved one by calling prospective treatment centers and inquiring about their admissions and assessment processes. If your loved one is willing to make an appointment, offer to go with him or her. This will demonstrate your supportiveness and help reassure your loved one that he or she is not alone.
- Talk to your loved one’s treatment providers about ways in which you can be an active participant in your loved one’s therapeutic process. Attend family sessions if they are offered, seek out your own support from a therapist or support group, and call to check in with your loved one frequently.
- Continue to be a source of unconditional support and encouragement for your loved one. Recovery is not easy, and there will likely be bumps along the way. Your support, however, will help improve the likelihood for successful treatment outcomes.
Types of synthetic marijuana abuse treatment offered at Sunrise Recovery Ranch in Riverside, CA
At Sunrise Recovery Ranch, we are dedicated to upholding a standard of excellence as we provide comprehensive, medically monitored chemical dependency treatment for individuals who are struggling with an addiction to alcohol or drugs, including synthetic marijuana. Our 10-acre ranch-style treatment center is located in Riverside, California in a serene setting that offers panoramic views of beautiful mountains and tranquil meadows and grasslands. In this setting, Sunrise Ranch offers clients the ideal environment to embark on their journey to recovery. Here, clients can escape the stressors of their everyday lives and place all of their time, energy, and focus on becoming well again.
Our expert team of therapists, drug counselors, nurses, and clinical technicians are devoted to meeting clients where they are at in their recovery and customizing their synthetic marijuana rehab and treatment experience to meet all of their needs. At Sunrise Ranch, we offer a designated men’s program and a women’s program where gender-specific groups are held and programming is altered based on the various issues that men and women face. During various activities, however, men and women will engage in programming together while at our substance abuse treatment center.
When engaging in residential rehab at an addiction treatment center in order to overcome the compulsion to use synthetic marijuana, clients will have the opportunity to take part in the following therapeutic interventions:
Detoxification: When clients come to us with drugs or alcohol still in their systems, it may be most appropriate for them to take part in the detoxification process prior to fully engaging in the therapeutic aspect of programming. Clients will be seen by the doctor within 24 to 48 hours of being admitted into the program. The detox process is monitored 24/7 by our compassionate nursing staff, and our treatment professionals do everything in their power to ensure that clients’ detox process is safe and as comfortable as possible.
Medication management: When clients come to us with a preexisting psychiatric diagnosis, they will be required to meet with our medical director or one of our physician’s assistants once each week. When a co-occurring psychiatric disorder is not present alongside a client’s addiction to synthetic marijuana, then he or she will only be required to meet with the medical director or one of our physician’s assistants once during his or her stay. All medication management is handled by the medical director and our qualified nursing staff.
Individual therapy: Individual therapy sessions are an important part of the therapeutic process at Sunrise Ranch as they are designed to provide clients with time to meet one-on-one with a mental health professional to discuss any concerns they have or to review the progress they are making in treatment. Our certified addiction counselors work closely with our marriage and family therapist interns and trainees to conduct these sessions in a manner that is most beneficial to meeting the clients’ needs. Each client will meet with his or her substance abuse counselor twice per week for progress updates. The marriage and family therapist intern or trainee will also meet with the client at least once per week, with additional sessions being added on an as-needed basis.
Family therapy: Our marriage and family therapist interns and trainees will conduct family therapy sessions once each week if the client’s family members are available and if the client wishes to integrate them into his or her treatment plan. Depending upon the needs of the client, teleconference sessions with the client and his or her family members may also be incorporated into the client’s individual therapy sessions.
Group therapy: Group therapy sessions are a central component to the treatment offered at Sunrise Ranch, with numerous group sessions being held throughout the day. Marriage and family therapist interns, marriage and family therapist trainees, chemical dependency counselors, and clinical technicians are responsible for leading the various groups that clients participate in. Participation in these group sessions is required and the curriculum of topics that are covered during these sessions may include the following:
Nutrition and wellness
How the disease has impacted clients and their families in a negative manner
Once clients have completed residential programming, they have the option of stepping down into our partial hospitalization program (PHP) or our intensive outpatient program (IOP) to receive additional synthetic marijuana addiction rehab and care. Case managers work with clients from the time that they are admitted into programming so that aftercare planning can begin and a continuing care plan can be put in place prior to their discharge. We will provide clients with recommendations for continuing care options that will be most beneficial in meeting their specific needs, which may include moving to a sober living home or engaging in outpatient programming. We will also work to ensure that all clients have a solid support system in place prior to leaving residential rehab at our addiction treatment center.
If you or someone you care for is struggling with synthetic marijuana abuse, look no further than Sunrise Recovery Ranch located in Riverside. Our seamless continuum of evidence-based treatment interventions allow all of our clients to receive best practice rehabilitation and treatment at any place and at any point in the life cycle of their addiction. Here, true recovery can be achieved and a bright future can be rediscovered.