Sunrise Ranch's drug & alcohol addiction treatment is rooted in a science-based, research-supported clinical model to ensure a healthier, more satisfying life, without addiction.
Understanding the Admissions Process
If you or someone you care about is struggling with an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol, you are likely familiar with the devastation that can be brought on when struggling with such concerns. You may have witnessed someone close to you spiral downward into the depths of addiction, and felt powerless in terms of what can be done to end this vicious, life-threatening cycle. Or, you may have endured these devastating experiences yourself. However, at Sunrise Ranch, we know there is light at the end of the tunnel and that the pangs of chemical dependency can be defeated once and for all.
Located in beautiful California, Sunrise Ranch is where countless men and women have been treated and discovered lives no longer compromised by substance abuse. We firmly believe that we can help you or your loved one achieve a sober life, and we are committed to helping each individual we care for become a stronger, healthier, and more independent person once again.
At Sunrise, we understand that coming to terms with addiction can be extremely difficult, and that taking the first steps toward recovery can be daunting for you or your loved one. However, you are not alone. We are here to help.
To begin services at Sunrise Ranch, each prospective client must complete an admissions assessment so that we can determine whether the programming we offer can meet the individual’s needs. We strive to make our assessment and admissions process one that is streamlined, comfortable, and welcoming to all who wish to receive care at our center.
What is the First Step?
Simply give us a call. Our admissions department is available to speak with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Should you have any questions about our services, our staff will be happy to answer them during your initial call.
It is also important to know that your call is completely confidential, and that we will only reach out to other persons or entities with your permission.
When you contact our admissions team, an initial screening will be completed regarding the drugs that are currently being used, as well as the frequency with which they are being consumed. Our admissions team will also inquire about whether or not you have had any previous treatment for addiction.
Our admissions team will be able to answer any questions about programming options that you may have, as well as check your insurance benefit coverage.
In order to verify your coverage, please have the following information on hand:
- Insurance Company
- Phone Number
- Behavioral Benefits Provider
- Pay Type
- Subscriber ID
- Group Number
- Policy Holder
- Relation to Person in Need of Treatment
- Length of Employment
- Subscriber’s SSN
- Subscriber’s Date of Birth
- Person in Need of Treatment’s SSN
- Person in Need of Treatment’s Date of Birth
Once the initial assessment has been completed and the pertinent information has been acquired, an email will be sent to our clinical assessment team who will then set up a time for the pre-admission assessment to take place. This assessment is designed to determine whether or not you can benefit from the programming offered at Sunrise Ranch.
The information that is reviewed and evaluated during the assessment process includes the following:
- Prospective clients must be 18 years of age or older.
- Clients’ substance use, including the amount and frequency of use, is factored into the determination of whether or not a prospective client is appropriate for treatment at Sunrise Ranch.
- Any prior or predetermined medical or psychiatric diagnoses that may impact the client’s treatment will be evaluated.
- Prior treatment received (including medical issues related to withdrawal, such as seizures, psychosis, etc.) will be inquired about and recorded.
- Any medication that the client has been prescribed is recorded so that he or she can continue his or her regimen while in treatment.
Family history of addiction and/or mental health concerns, as well as any current suicidal or homicidal ideations, are assessed. If it is determined that the client would benefit from a higher level of care than that which is offered at Sunrise Ranch, an appropriate referral will be made.
Admission and Check-In
If it is determined that you will be able to benefit from the care that we provide here at Sunrise Ranch, the admissions process will begin.
The admissions process for residential treatment is as follows:
- An intake specialist will greet you and ensure that a financial contract is signed.
- All of your personal belongings will be received by the intake specialist and will be inventoried into your personal recording log.
- You will be searched for any contraband or for anything else that might compromise your treatment, your safety, or the safety of others.
- A urine analysis will be gathered and sent to the laboratory to be analyzed.
- You will meet with nursing staff in order to obtain a full medical evaluation.
- You will be seen within 48 hours of admission by the medical director to determine if detoxification medication is needed and so that labs can be gathered.
If you wish to have your family involved in your treatment process, during the check-in process, your family members will have the opportunity to meet staff members and have any questions answered.
Once you have completed the admissions process and have had a chance to review the rules, books, and workbooks that will be incorporated into your therapeutic milieu, treatment will begin.
If you or an important person in your life would like to learn more about Sunrise Ranch, feel free to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to helping you or your loved one win the war against addiction.