Sunrise Recovery Ranch provides alcohol addiction treatment rooted in a science-based, research-supported clinical model to ensure a healthier, more satisfying life, without addiction.
Are There 12-Step Programs in Southern California?
Yes! There are many types of support groups throughout Southern California, including several that follow the 12-Step Recovery Model. 12-Step groups are offered at a variety of locations and times, so there are many options depending upon your schedule.
How Can a Father Help His Alcoholic Son?
A caring and involved parent can make all the difference for someone struggling with alcoholism. To show your support for your son:
- Listen without judgment
- Maintain a calm demeanor
- Avoid accusations
- Offer to help your son research treatment options
What Do Alcohol Treatment Centers Do?
Alcohol treatment centers provide a variety of services to help individuals achieve sobriety, such as:
- Residential, intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient care
- Family, group, and individual counseling
- Referrals to other providers and services
How Can I Quit Drinking Alcohol?
Professional help from a quality treatment center can help you quit drinking alcohol by:
- Helping you rid your body of alcohol safely in detox
- Offering individualized treatment services to help you achieve your goals
- Assisting you in gaining the skills you need to maintain lifelong sobriety
What Can Be Done to Help an Alcoholic?
Friends and family can help an alcoholic by:
- Listening to what the person has to say about their experience
- Encouraging them to seek treatment
- Offering to take care of tasks that may make it difficult for the person to seek care
Why is Alcohol Addiction a Disease?
Alcoholism is a progressive disorder that robs a person of his or her ability to make healthy choices, and can damage interpersonal relationships, causing isolation. This form of addiction typically cannot be overcome without professional help.