Sunrise Recovery Ranch provides detoxification services for adults struggling with cocaine addiction near Riverside, CA. Sunrise has nearly 20 years of experience offering safe & comfortable detox with a staff of trained professionals.
Importance of Cocaine Detox
The importance of detox for cocaine addiction
Cocaine is a dangerous, addictive substance that, when abused, can lead to a myriad of negative outcomes, including irreversible damage and death. When a person becomes addicted to cocaine, which is known clinically as developing cocaine use disorder, he or she can lose the ability to control the amount and frequency of his or her cocaine abuse, and will begin to prioritize cocaine abuse over personal relationships, professional obligations, and other essential responsibilities.
The compulsion to abuse cocaine can be overwhelming, and stopping this behavior without professional assistance from a cocaine addiction treatment center can be extremely difficult, or virtually impossible. When a person’s body adapts to the presence of cocaine, stopping or significantly curtailing one’s cocaine abuse can trigger the onset of intense physiological distress, a series of painful symptoms that are known collectively as cocaine withdrawal.
Effects of Withdrawal
What happens during cocaine detox & withdrawal
Within a period of time following the decision to stop abusing cocaine, a person who has developed a dependence upon this drug can expect to experience a series of distressing symptoms, including the following:
- Powerful cravings for cocaine
- Overwhelming fatigue
- Excessive perspiration
- Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or hypersomnia
- Vivid, unpleasant dreams
- Psychomotor agitation and retardation
When a person attempts to detox from cocaine without professional help, enduring this distress from withdrawal symptoms can be complicated by the knowledge that the pain can be alleviated merely by once again ingesting cocaine. Without effective support from a cocaine addiction treatment center, even the most dedicated individual who wants to successfully detox from cocaine can be forced back into the destructive pattern of cocaine abuse as a means of keeping physical and psychological pain at bay.
Since a person must not be actively abusing cocaine in order to enter treatment, failing at withdrawal can eliminate the hope of getting help and push a person even deeper into cocaine abuse. Thankfully, there is a healthier, safer, and more productive option: medically supervised detoxification.
Benefits of Cocaine Detox
Benefits of detoxing from cocaine at Sunrise Recovery Ranch in Riverside, CA
Safety, comfort, and a significantly increased likelihood of success are the obvious short-term advantages of completing detox for cocaine addiction at Sunrise Recovery Ranch located in Riverside, California. However, the benefits of participating in this process do not end when a person transitions out of detox and into his or her next level of care.
The following are three of the many long-term benefits of choosing to participate in detox at a quality cocaine addiction treatment center such as Sunrise Recovery Ranch:
- Positivity and success – As noted above, failing at withdrawal can have ongoing negative repercussions, including a deeper descent into cocaine addiction and a diminished likelihood of pursuing treatment. Conversely, successfully completing detox at an addiction treatment center for cocaine abuse can help an individual develop the positive mindset that will serve him or her well both throughout the entire treatment experience, and into the post-treatment phases of his or her long-term recovery.
- Physical and mental fortitude – As a person completes detox, his or her body and mind begin to recover from the damage that cocaine abuse has inflicted. This return to physical strength and psychological stability will by no means be complete by the time detox has ended, but the progress that a person makes in these areas will be essential to his or her continued success during and after treatment. Recovery is a challenging proposition that can strain a person’s body and mind. Ensuring that one is as healthy as possible by participation in detox can yield tremendous benefits throughout one’s long recovery journey.
Why Consider Treatment
Why consider detox for cocaine addiction at Sunrise Recovery Ranch in Riverside, CA
When a person enters detoxification at Sunrise Recovery Ranch for cocaine addiction treatment services, he or she will be cared for by experienced professionals who can provide the oversight and direct care that will protect his or her health and minimize his or her discomfort throughout the process of ridding his or her body of cocaine.
The following are among the many beneficial features of detox in Riverside at Sunrise Recovery Ranch:
- Experienced professionals – As noted above, our detox is staffed by dedicated men and women who are uniquely prepared to ensure a safe and successful experience.
- Safe environment – Detox occurs in a self-contained unit that features round-the-clock supervision, so individuals who are completing the process will never have the opportunity to relapse prior to completing detox.
- Medication – Depending upon the nature and severity of an individual’s withdrawal symptoms, he or she may be prescribed certain medications to alleviate discomfort while participating in detox from substances of abuse. All medications are provided with strict supervision to eliminate the risk of abuse.
- Therapeutic support – Individuals who are completing detox may have the opportunity to participate in certain therapeutic elements while still in the detoxification unit, which can help them to manage their withdrawal symptoms while also preparing them for their post-detox residential treatment.
- Community – For many people, detox is their initial introduction to the recovery community, which can be a source of considerable support during and after treatment. At Sunrise Recovery Ranch, we place great emphasis on helping individuals in treatment form productive connections within the vibrant and dynamic community of individuals who are recovering from addictions to cocaine and other substances.