Sunrise Ranch offers high-quality drug & alcohol programs in Riverside, CA. To best serve our clients, Sunrise provides a substance abuse detox program to start you or your loved ones recovery journey.
When you develop an addiction to alcohol or other drugs, your body becomes accustomed to the presence of the substance you’ve been using. When you try to end your substance use, you may experience a variety of distressing physical and psychological symptoms. This is known as withdrawal.
Withdrawal can be extremely unpleasant and, in some cases, dangerous. Depending on the nature and severity of your struggles with addiction, attempting to get through withdrawal on your own can put your health or even your life at risk.
When you try to end your substance use on your own, the intensity of withdrawal symptoms can quickly overwhelm your desire to stop using. The frustration or shame of being unable to get through withdrawal can even push you deeper into your addictive behaviors.
Thankfully, there is a better way.
Sunrise Ranch in Riverside, California, offers on-site detoxification services for adults age 18 and older of all genders. When you take part in detoxification, or detox, you can rid your body of addictive substances with maximum safety and minimal discomfort.
Detoxification can be a vital first step on your path to the healthier future you deserve.
Is Detox Right for You?
Each person who receives care at our facility follows a personalized plan that is based on a thorough assessment of their history, needs, and goals. This assessment will also help us determine if detox is the ideal place for you to start your recovery journey.
In general, our detox program accepts people who meet the following criteria:
- Adults age 18 and older of all genders
- Struggling with a substance use disorder involving alcohol, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines, prescription medication, or certain other drugs
- Unable to end substance use prior to entering treatment
- Ready to make the lifestyle changes that will promote long-term recovery
To learn more about our admissions policies, please contact Sunrise Ranch at your convenience. A member of our team is available to speak with you 24/7, and you may be able to complete your initial assessment during your first phone call.
What Are the Benefits of Detox?
Detox offers many immediate and long-term benefits, including:
- An end to your active substance use: Every day you don’t use substances is a good day. During your time in detox, you will be in a highly structured, closely monitored environment where you will not have access to addictive substances.
- An accomplishment you can be proud of: When you struggle with untreated addiction, it’s not uncommon to also be plagued by a sense of shame, frustration, and self-doubt. Prior to entering detox, you may even question whether you’re capable of completing the process. Completing detox can be a significant victory that can boost your self-confidence and prepare you for future successes.
- A connection with the recovery community: Addiction can be isolating. But when you enter treatment, you will discover the power and promise of the recovery community. Your time in detox can be a crucial experience in which the isolation of your past gives way to a more supportive and interconnected future.
- A foundation for continued progress: During detox, your mind and body will begin to heal from the negative effects of substance use. As you regain your physical strength and mental clarity, you’ll become better prepared to learn the lessons and make the changes that will benefit you for years to come.
Our Licensed Drug & Alcohol Detox Program in Riverside, CA
As a California-licensed detoxification center with over 25 years of experience, we, at Sunrise, understand how to make each client’s withdrawal process as comfortable and safe as possible while they attend our detox program. During detox, our clients are provided with 24-hour nursing care, and each client will meet with our staff physician within 24 to 48 hours of admission. We believe that total sobriety is the most effective path to recovery, so clients in our alcohol & drug detox program are detoxed from all controlled substances.
We provide detox services and programs for many different substances, some of which include:
- Prescription medications, including opioids, stimulants, and benzodiazepines
- Synthetic marijuana
The prospect of entering a detox program for drug and alcohol addictions may seem intimidating to many people who are thinking about seeking substance abuse treatment, but our experienced and caring medical staff here at Sunrise Ranch in Riverside, CA are committed to ensuring that each client’s detox is as comfortable as possible.
What Are the Next Steps After Detox?
Detox can be an essential first step on the path to successful long-term recovery. But it’s just one step. To achieve a healthier future you deserve, you will need to make important changes in your life. Residential treatment can help you make those changes.
When you complete detox, you will have successfully rid your body of the addictive substance or substances you’ve been using. However, this does not mean that you will be free from the powerful urges, underlying concerns, or self-defeating thought processes that may have contributed to your substance use in the first place.
Transitioning directly to residential treatment after completing detox will minimize your risk for immediate relapse, and it will allow you to begin developing the skills and strategies that will help you remain in recovery.
During residential treatment at Sunrise Ranch, you’ll work in active collaboration with a team of experienced professionals to identify and address the challenges that might undermine your successful continued recovery. You’ll follow a personalized treatment plan that will include a variety of customized therapeutic services, and you will have the opportunity to share support with others who are at a similar stage in their recovery journey.
Every day you remain in residential treatment, you’ll gain an increasingly stronger foothold in recovery, and you’ll take another step toward achieving your long-term goals.
When you’ve completed your time in our residential program, you’ll receive a detailed discharge plan to guide your next steps. Depending on your progress and continued needs, this plan may include a referral to our partial hospitalization program (PHP) or intensive outpatient program (IOP), a recommendation for traditional outpatient counseling, information about 12-Step groups in your community, and any other information that can best support your continued progress.
The time you spend at Sunrise Ranch will be relatively brief, but the personalized services and comprehensive support you receive here will serve you well through all phases of your recovery journey.